Chicken, Broccoli, and Cheese Casserole – Delish!
This right here…this is a new staple in our household. A (low-carb) chicken casserole that’s fast AND easy? I would make this baby low-carb or not – it’s THAT good! And it’s THAT easy! And it sure doesn’t taste like any kind of “diet food” I’ve ever had before. It’s rich and cheesy and satisfying.
The secret to this is a rotisserie chicken from the store, already cooked and super-delicious on it’s own. Usually, we’ll eat the breasts one night for dinner, then I’ll pull the rest of the meat off the bones and use it for this casserole the next night. I have used fresh chicken that I pre-cooked just for this recipe, and I have used turkey – but neither version was as tasty.
A bag of frozen broccoli scores another point for convenience in this meal. I’m all about the fresh-steamed broccoli as a side dish, but here, the thawed broccoli has a softer texture and works perfectly in this dish.
The only other ingredients are sour cream, heavy whipping cream, and cheddar cheese. All gluten-free and low-carb ingredients, yay!
6 servings, 299 calories, and 4 grams of carbs per serving!
Let’s get to it!
- 2 lbs rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 16 oz. frozen broccoli, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken and broccoli together.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and heavy whipping cream, then pour over chicken/broccoli mix and stir to coat.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, season with salt and pepper, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to brown.